Saturday, June 27, 2009

I Smoke Pot! I Am Ganja Gaga! I Like Big Buds!

I am BONA-FIDE! Meaning I have my legal papers in order, a card carrying, TAX PAYING, legitimate toker of HERB! I am so sick of the people that sit back on their pious asses and hold "court" over MY PAIN!  Pain and the relief thereof is subjective!  In this case the subject is ME!  I am the subject, MY pain!  Even if YOU are not CONVINCED that it helps MY PAIN, as long as I am, who are YOU to say it doesn't?
I can walk into any doctor anywhere in any town and get a HANDFUL of NARCOTICS in just a few minutes!  Enough to kill me 6x over, they do help with Some of my problems, but the side effects are devastating and leave me unable to function in any NORMAL capacity.  The MJ helps take enough of the edge off that I can function and still get on with life!  So, even if YOU believe it not viable for medical purposes, if it helps me (I do not care if you think it is a PLACEBO) then that should be MY decision!  BTW, I suffered a devastating spinal cord injury that has left me with lifelong, debilitating nerve damage with spasms, pain and partial loss of function on one side of my body!

I even had someone say to me that this beneficial effect was all in "my mind", that it didn't really relieve anything.  Okay, so then, if I have traded in my handful of "goodies" for a few hits of pot, and it works for me, why does it bother you?  Seriously do you think it would be better to continue taking my prescription Norco, Valium, Neurontin, Zoloft, Ambien and Flexeril in doses guaranteed to stop me from even crawling out of bed? Besides the physilogical ramifications, they also leave me unable to talk straight, drive, cook, shop or any other task requiring a brain or motor skills!

Maybe your right, maybe it won't "take away" my ailments...but I don't seem to care nearly as much!  I rarely use any of the above mentioned drugs even though I have full bottles in my cabinet.  I would rather take a couple of tokes, drink some tea or whatever form of Cannabis "relieves" my symptoms, oh, and I can still get out of bed, hold a conversation above a second grade level and do a little living too!

Ever see "Shallow Hal"?

No comments: