Thursday, February 4, 2010

Taxing Medical Marijuana Schemes Seem To Be The Trend

I am not sure how this tax law here would REALLY work, but it sure seems that everyone involved is starting to see a big fat cash cow instead of suffering people trying to get their medicine!  I am not talking about the proposals to legalize and tax the sale of Marijuana for recreational use!  That is cool and groovy, really, roll em, package em and tax em for the public to get their jollies, I do not care!  BUT...

I am concerned that the revenuers (as my Grandpappy would speak) are going to be throwing the Medical Marijuana Patients, just providing their own homegrown medicine, in jail for tax evasion!

I used to own my own business and if I used goods that I produced for my own use then I had to pay the taxes on their "value".

So If the Tax Man is allowed to put a "perceived value" on my plants, I then would owe the tax on that "value" after personal use! 

What happens if my plants fail?  Or, if they just under produce?

My friend grew 3 plants, same place, same plants, a little differences in technique, I grew 7.

My friends end yeild with 3 plants was just a hair over 2 pounds, about 36 ounces.  I however, with 7 plants just barely yielded 13 ounces.

We all are only growing our own with no intent to sell, we each have our own reccomendations, we would each have to file for a license to grow, how would that be taxed?

Is there a revenuer in the house?

No comments: