Friday, June 11, 2010

I Quit Smoking Cigarettes For Marijuana!

It was a great trade off!

I smoked cigarettes for 30+ years!

I started suffering from bouts of chronic joint pain and swelling when I was in my mid to late 20's.  The doctors diagnosed me with early onset Arthritis and slapped me with a barrage of meds which included Steroids, Massive doses of NSAIDS, Pain and various other goodies thrown in for flair(?)!  It was not long before I was taking more drugs to counter the horrible side effects from the other drugs.  What a vicious cycle I was caught up in!  I would take the drugs for awhile then back off to heal up from the drugs, just to have more "flare ups" of pain and swelling!

After a few years of this up and down cycle, I heard the term Fibromyalgia for the first time.  SO... it turns out that all those years spent treating my "Arthritis" was just chasing my "fibroids" around!  No worry, oh, wait, there isn't any real treatment for this practically folkloric disease, so basically, suffer!  Oh, and get your head examined!

Then one time during the suffering, I happened to go to a friends house for a Party. At this party there was some MJ smoking taking place and I was invited to join in. I had not smoked MJ since my Teen years and thought it would be a kick and so I joined them and smoked it.  I was an inexperienced Bong Hitter, so it was definitely an adventure and I did get quite "relieved" from the immediate annoyance of nagging, throbbing joint pain without even realizing it!   Now, I know that the MJ going around these days IS more powerful than it was in my youth, so what?  It just takes less to get "there" is all!  It is not like your going to OD!  There is no such thing as a MJ overdose, can't happen, you just fall asleep!

The amazing thing was that the NEXT day, I could feel there was a very definite lessening of my stiffness as well as the "nagging" (like tiny creatures taking bites) sensations whenever I moved around.  I had not had any other "meds" in some time by then and knew right away there was a connection to the MJ!  Needless to say, I was quick to look into MMJ as a relief!

Since I already knew that the cigarettes were very detrimental to my well being, I did not think that smoking BOTH the MJ and the Ciggys should go on and I had to give one up!  It took me a couple of months to decide that the MJ was going to stay so the Poison Logs had to go!
:)

No comments: